Friday, April 10, 2009

Week #3:

Well, I gained a pound this week. I thought it was going to be more because I haven't worked out since the half due to this head cold. I am not one to workout when I am sick. My body was ready to run again on Tuesday this time around!!! I was very excited about because it took me a month to recover from Vegas(I developed 2 stress fractures in my right foot). YEAH!! I only had mild stiffness in the knees when walking down my stairs and 2 rather large blisters, but that's about it.
Now I have started to think about "What's next??" along the lines of another half. (I have the fever!!:) I know I have Vegas in December, but that is 8 months away.

I was thinking the RnR Seattle on June 28th, giving me 11 weeks to train. I trained only 8 for the Havasu half. I need to talk to Alison to see if she will be around for a visit. She is my teacher friend, who is getting married here in Vegas and then moving to Seattle where her fiance is from :). She is a runner too and we have been talking about doing the RnR Seattle half together in 2010 so I will eventually get to run this race if it doesn't work out in 2009.
Another option: This race sounds fun: E.T Full moon half marathon in Rachel, NV. The race starts at Midnight in the middle of the desert near Area 51.

images from Flickr
funny thing is I found this picture when I googled ET Half marathon, a Flickr photo set showed up. I was looking through the pics when I came across this one. The girl in the FDNY is my friend Alison. LOL!!! Pictures were taken during the Catch the Gobble 5k in November.
One more option is a new, local race called the Hoover Dam Half Marathon on Halloween. Again, that's so far away, but I wouldn't have to spend money to travel.
Any suggestions?

2 comments:

  1. Those are my photos!

    The bottom one is from the 'Catch the Gobbler 5K' in November. The medal one is from the ET Half Marathon last August. It's a fun race... I really want to do it again.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sound just like me. I am constantly on the prowl for a race to do. It's killing my checking account but my husband and I are addicted to racing now. We had 2 races in April and are doing 5 in May. That alien medal is awesome!! Good luck with whatever races you do.

    ReplyDelete